I am going to use this page by updates with all of the missnexus.com site updates. I used to keep record of all site changes but I am not certain what happened to that information.
The updates are listed from newest to oldest.
Here we go…
Updated the site to WordPress 3.4.1.
Embedit.in no longer accepts new uploads; therefore, I signed up for an account at Box.com. Thankfully, I do not have many embeds to convert over to Box.com because Embedit.in will delete the files in September. Missnexus.com features embedded files for online coupons, discounts in stores and other documents.
Signed for an AdBrite account and upgraded to WordPress 3.4.
Added Amazon Associates Advertisement on missnexus.com
Installed a WordPress plugin called BBCode. Blogshares uses Bulletin Board Code (BBCode) in the game and on the forums. I found this plugin so I would not have to convert the code to html in my posts.
Updated the site to WordPress 3.3.2.
1. Updated the site to WordPress 2.9. Smooth and painless.
2. Updated the About Nexy page. I added baby Alexander to the cast of this crazy show.
Upgraded to WordPress 2.8.6. This is a security release. 2.8.6 fixes two security problems that can be exploited by registered, logged in users who have posting privileges.
Back to blogging after yet another hiatus.
Deactivated the Bad Behavior plugin. I discovered that the plugin was slowing down wp-admin (again). Such a shame because I really like this plugin. Does anyone else have this problem?
1. Fixed the trackback links on Missnexus.com. I found out that I had improperly used created a redirection with the plugin and this caused trackback 404 errors.
2. Removed many duplicate comments by edited the MySQL WordPress Database via phpMyAdmin. No thanks to Disqus which is the reason my I had the duplicate comments.
3. Removed all dead links with the Broken Link plugin.
Reinstalled the Bad Behavior WordPress plugin. Bad Behavior is a PHP-based solution for blocking link spam and the robots which deliver it. I once disabled it because it seemed to slow down my site. Maybe it conflicted with another plugin I once had. Whatever the case, Bad Behavior is back on missnexus.com.
Removed the theme songs from the About Missnexus.com page and placed them on a dedicated page with lyrics.
1. Added the WordPress Audio Player plugin from: http://wpaudioplayer.com/.
2. Input links to site theme songs on the Missnexus.com Theme Songs and Lyrics Page. page.
Installed the Redirection WordPress plugin. Redirection is a WordPress plugin to manage 301 redirections, keep track of 404 errors, and generally tidy up any loose ends your site may have. This is particularly useful if you are migrating pages from an old website, or are changing the directory of your WordPress installation.
1. Removed the div menu at the top of the website. This was not really necessary to have with the links on n the right sidebar.
2. Added WP-PostViews Plugin from http://lesterchan.net/portfolio/programming/php/.
3. Changed the size of the perm link title and added the date, time stamp below the perm link.
4. Added the FavIcon.ico back to the site. Where it disappeared to in the first place, I have no idea.
1. Made the current theme compatible with WordPress threaded comments. I did this by taking code from the default WordPress theme which is the Kubrick theme and adding it to the current site theme.
I took an excerpt from header.php. And I copied and pasted all of comments.php onto the current theme.
2. Deleted a few duplicate comments. There are many left.
3. Changed the CSS for the WordPress page navigation. The colors now match the site theme colors.
Updated my favorite links page which can be found at: http://www.missnexus.com/archives/sharing-the-link-love/