Oops, late again…
1. When you take a vacation, do you ever suffer from Internet withdrawal? Or maybe the nagging urge to blog or read blogs? Or are you glad to be away?
At the beginning of the trip, I do suffer from internet withdrawl because I am used to having access 25-8. However, during the trip, I quickly get over this withdrawal because I am pleased to get away from all troubles and stress.
2. Have you ever been “furloughed” (told to take time off work without pay) or laid off? How did that impact your family dynamics? Your finances? If not to you, have you seen it happen to anyone you know? How did they handle it?
No, but I know people that have and I may face it soon. It is quite a difficult experience especially if you do not have the finances saved up to cover your expenses. JT is always supportive no matter what and this is what matters.
3. If you fell on hard times, what is are some non-essential reoccurring luxury expenses (cable TV, TiVo subscription, cigarettes, high-speed net connection, newspaper, daily Starbucks coffee, etc.) you would give up to save money?
4. On the same thought, what is the one non-essential expense you would NOT give up?
5. Would you ever ask your family (parents, in-laws, relatives) for financial assistance? What would be some of your concerns about asking for help? Have you ever asked for it before? Did it go well?
My family would be my last resort for financial assistance, but if all else failed I would ask my mom for help. My dad… eh… no comment. During college, my mom helped me out financially tremendously.
6. Has a friend or relative ever borrowed money from you? Who were they and how much did they want? Did you ever get paid back, or did it matter? Did you feel compelled to keep an eye on them to see if they spent it wisely?
Yes, but only minimal amounts. Yes she paid me back, but if she had not it would not matter because she helps me out so much that I would not feel she owed me.
7. Imagine you won a tax-free gift of $7,000. The only stipulation on the gift is that it must not be invested or saved, and must be spent before 2004. How would you use the money?
I would use it towards a downpayment on a car. I am tired of riding the bus…very tired.
BONUS: Whatever happened to unity?
I am not sure, but this makes me want to sing Queen Latifah’s U-N-I-T-Y. That is my song!
Today’s Comment Question: Write a caption for this photo!
Stop!! Sir, the running of the bulls is not going on this week…