US Government and Military Travelers 25% OFF at The Parking Spot GSA SIN 599-99 – Contract GS-33F-0028V The Parking Spot is the only GSA contracted airport parking company in the US, providing US Government and Military personnel 25% off for work…
What two things are you going to miss the most about summer?
Daylight savings time… I love long sunny days. And Ted Drewes being open.
What two things annoyed you the most about summer:
When the heat index and temperature is greater than 100. Leave request denials at my job… wait that is all year round, not just the summer.
Name two memorable moments from this past summer
Seeing The Color Purple on Broadway. Going to Memphis for a family reunion.
Did you go on vacation this summer and if so, where?
Yes, see the response above.
Who has more fun during summer: A child or an adult? And why?
I suppose a child, because even in extreme heat conditions they can manage to have fun. As long as I keep the juice and fruit snacks headed their way, the twins are fine.
Where were you 6 years ago (on September 11)?
Six years ago I was working at RadioShack, but I was off that day. I watched all of the events on television
What two major emotions do recall feeling?
Fear and sadness
Who were the first two people you called that day?
JT and my mom.
What two words best describes that day for you?
Chaos and destruction
What two major changes in your life has occurred since that day?
I have children and started talking to my father again.
1. A picture perfect day is a visit to the zoo followed by a picnic in the park. The temperature is about 75 degrees and we are eating freshly made turkey and roast beef sandwiches that we made together at home. Amongst the other goodies, we also have some strawberries and whipped cream that we feed to each other. The weather is delightful, the sun is shining but a slight breeze in the air.
2. A picture perfect dinner is at the Olive Garden or Pasta House… two of my favorite restaurants. While we eat a lovely meal, I am serenaded with beautiful Italian music and endless breadsticks or rolls.
3. A picture perfect evening is fairly simple: no fights amongst the twins, no scratches, scrapes or bruises, no arguments with significant other and a nice meal with the family.
4. A picture perfect vacation is anytime away from the hell hole called my job… but more specifically picture perfect would be a month long vacation in Europe, visiting places such as Rome, Paris, London, Edinburgh and Berlin. I can only imagine how many pictures I would take.
1. Egypt. I will forever be mystically attached to this country and my life will not be complete until my toes touch the sands of Cairo.
2. India. Two words: Taj Mahal.
3. Japan. Beautiful Language. Beautiful Country.
4. Ghana. No special reason.
5. Ethiopia. No special reason.
6. Morroco. This would be an exoctic trip and I could speak in Arabic to the fine men.
7. France. This will complete my AP European History fixation.
8. Italy. I want Italian bread, a trip to the Vatican and the Colosseum. That is it.
9. England. Stonehenge.
10. China. I want to see how far I could run across the Great Wall of China before I pass out.
11. Djibouti. Because I simply love the name of this country. How could you not love Djibouti?
12. Spain. I don’t want my two years of high school Spanish to go to complete waste.
13. Jamaica. Because C. is from here.
Links to other Thursday Thirteens!
The purpose of the meme is to get to know everyone who participates a little bit better every Thursday. Visiting fellow Thirteeners is encouraged! If you participate, leave the link to your Thirteen in others comments. It’s easy, and fun! Be sure to update your Thirteen with links that are left for you, as well! I will link to everyone who participates and leaves a link to their 13 things. Trackbacks, pings, comment links accepted!
Here is a map of the states I have been to. I clearly need to travel more. I previously used the site, http://www.world66.com/myworld66 to create my visited states map but this link is down. I found another site using Google…
Here are a couple of pictures that were taken in Colorado Springs:
JT and I at the Garden of the Gods.
Close up of the above picture.
The Kissing Camels at Garden of the Gods.
Me *cheese* but it was mighty windy so I was not trying to look mighty pretty.
This was when they made me climb the rocks. I was so scared, but JT came to my rescue *swoon*.
The Penis Rock at Garden of the Gods. *Note* I named this rock, so do not try to claim this rofl
I love JT.