I am back and home safe. Details about the trip soon.
Three days late with the Friday Five.
1. Do you remember your first best friend? Who was it?
Charis. We were great friends from headstart through first grade.
We lost contact when I moved to Denver, Colorado in the second grade. When I moved back to
href="http://www.stltoday.com/" target="new">St. Louis
href="http://www.stltoday.com/" target="new">St. Louisin the fourth grade, Charis had moved away from the county to the city away from me.
2. Are you still in touch with this person?
Unfortunately, no; however, I recently saw her brother at the Meacham Park
Homecoming and he says all is well with Charis, her children and her parents.
3. Do you have a current close friend?
Yes, Tiffany as well as the love of my life, JT <3
4. How did you become friends with this person?
I met Tiffany at a summer camp called Sprog during the summer after fifth grade and we have been friends ever since. I met JT two years ago at a
href="http://www.stlcardinals.com/" target="new">Cardinals’baseball game. June 3, 2001 to be exact.
5. Is there a friend from your past that you wish you were still in contact with? Why?
Yes, I wish I had contact with a few friends from college. I lost contact with some of them and I would really enjoy getting in touch with them again.
<3 Daniela, Angela, Ketura and Erica
There is something about the combination of a hot bubbly bath and (almost) any body soap from Bath and Body Works that eases my pain, mentally and physically. The inside label of my Smoothing Warm Vanilla Sugar Shower Scrub states:
…The creamy lather cleanses and natural exfoliaters get skin glowing, so you step out of the shower soft, smooth and scented with the comforting fragrance of Warm Vanilla Sugar.
Strawberry seeds and fruit purees gently polish skin.
Aloe Vera softens skin.
Lemon, Lime and Orange extracts brighten skin.
Such combinations of natural ingredients wipe away my tension as if I took a few extra strength Tylenol. Aromatherapy and natural healing is so amazing. Natural healing methods are why I rarely rely on over the counter medicines. I prefer hot baths loaded with epsom salt for body aches and magnetic therapy for migraines over a few pills any day.
I would have to say that my mother influenced me into my pro-natural healing mindset. She always says, “Mind over matter. If you tell the cold it is not there, then the cold is not there.” Even last night, as I began to have a severe migraine while the bass pounded loudly in my ears; to my left, Mama calmly said, “close your eyes and relax. Mind over matter.” My headache disappeared within minutes.
Now of course, one cannot always be so fortunate with the mind over matter theory.
1. How many houses/apartments have you lived in throughout your life?
2. Which was your favorite and why?
The one on Aldridge Street was my favorite because I grew up there and that’s where my Papa was.
3. Do you find moving house more exciting or stressful? Why?
Extremely stressful, because I wait until the last minute to pack. It starts out very organized, each box is nicely packed and labeled
‘Kitchen Stuff Here,’ but then when it comes to crunch time, I start throwing random things that happen to fit in a box, pack, tape and
4. What’s more important, location or price?
5. What features does your dream house have (pool, spa bath, big yard, etc.)?
Small movie theatre, bowling alley, indoor and outdoor pool, spa, basketball court, internet networked throughout the entire house,
darkroom, editing room, entertainment room, at least five main bedrooms, two guestrooms, tennis court, bathroom in each main bedroom,
full bath in basement, bathroom in between the two guestrooms, full size bar in basement, big screen televisions in master bedroom,
entertainment room and basement, elegant dining room, living room, three car garage…. I could go on and on.
Go shizzolate a site, thanks Adam :D
I feel like wearing and outfit, so I can show off my camel
toe today. How about that Jake?
Please don’t pay attention to this garbage if you receive it as an email, instant message or any other way:
Dear AIM users,
Because of our overloading of our servers, we are being forced to extract our non-active AIM users. Because this is a free service, AOL
has exceeded the budget for the AIM service. We are asking that you send this exact message to 20 other AIM users to ensure us that
I’ve been reading about cascading style sheets most of the afternoon. It doesn’t help that I have a sinus headache/allergy problems and I’ve been sneezing my ass off along with a snotty, runny noise. Was that descriptive enough? Probably not, because if you just pictured that, I actually look a whole lot worse. So I guess, it doesn’t take a genius to see that I’m not done with this css bullshit. I’ll get it done in a minute or two or whenever I can go five minutes without sneezing ten times in a row. Pass me some Sudafed pahlease *wipes nose*
My day was kind of crappy. After an entire weekend of pain, my headache just went away today. I didn’t think I would make it to work, but I went anyway. Something made me check the syllabus and I saw that we were scheduled for a test today. I didn’t have time to make a full lunch so I made sure to grab one of my vanilla nutritional drinks and a box of kleenax decorated with Christmas designs that I bought from Target for my desk at work (whew… nice run-on sentence there). I made good timing to the bus stop and I sat my bag with my drink and kleenax down on the stone ledge as I double checked my pouch for my bus pass. My bus arrived a couple of minutes late, I walk onto the bus and five minutes later I realized that I left my bag! My nutritional drink and kleenax are gone! So they didn’t cost hardly anything and the bag was a plastic grocery bag, but that is not the point. My Ensure nutritional drink along with a muffin from the quickie shop is my breakfast! My bus got stuck in traffic so I was running about a minute and a half behind. I didn’t have time to buy my blueberry muffin like I usually do. I ran upstairs and my manager tells me (and a woman in the clasroom across from mine) to “try not to be late. Being on time is important.” Ok so where has he been for all those times people have been fifteen and even thirty minutes late. I didn’t really get mad, so I just nodded and went on about my business. After the workshop I rushed downstairs to grab a low-fat blueberry muffin. I grabbed what I THOUGHT was a blueberry muffin. Well, it was low-fat but what I grabbed was a damn chocolate muffin. I was so pissed, I thought I was going to scream in class. Without my Ensure, I was starving so I decided to pick out the chocolate chips and eat it anyway. I was not pleased at all.
1. Ever do anything over and over just to make someone else happy but discover you actually hate it?
Nope, because I will tell that person that I don’t like the action or whatever I’m doing.
2. What kinds of obligations do you enjoy?
Pleasing my man.
3. What are your feelings about celebrating Halloween?
It isn’t a necessary event. I can do without.
4. Are there any stories of bodily functions you would prefer people not share with you in conversation?
Huh, are you talking about farting when it’s not appropriate?
5. What do you think is the most important aspect of personal hygiene that bothers you when people overlook it?
SQUASH SQUASH *shake my head at the fishy women out there*
6. Ponder the thought of being forever young, living on endlessly, being immortal. What would that life be like for you?
It would be interesting, but I wouldn’t like it if I was the only immortal around.
7. What’s the last thing you felt was “worth fighting for?”
Freedom of speech.
BONUS: Sooner or later, they all will be gone…why don’t they stay young?
I don’t have kids yet, this doesn’t apply to me.
The date on this original post is when I first wrote it but as I read it today on Saturday, September 6, 2008 I realize that a lot has changed about me. I thought about keeping the 100 Things from the past so I can see how things have changed. I made it into a separate post here. This page will remain as the current 100 Things About Me. I will not change a complete item, but rather make the item itself current as it pertains to me. For example, six years ago I did not have children and I said I wanted 2 or 3 children. Now I have twins. Enjoy.
1. My real name is Rashaan Michelle
2. My favorite dessert is Sara Lee French Cheesecake with strawberries.
3. The Color Purple is my all-time favorite movie.
4. Braveheart and Ghost make me cry every time I see them.
5. I hate the color red.
6. I love to play with Legos and now I even play them with my kids.
7. I applied to Washington University intending to be a chemical engineer.
8. I have three brothers, one older, two younger.
9. I designed my first website in 1996 on Angelfire.
10. My first website was not that attractive.
11. I graduated from college in May 2000 with a degree in Arabic (Bachelor in Arts).
12. I want to be Secretary of State.
13. But before that, I want to be an ambassador.
14. And before that, I want to be a diplomat for the United Nations.
15. I have high expectations for myself.
16. I procrastinate.
17. Failure scares me.
18. Family is very important to me.
19. My religious belief system is Judeo-Christian-Islamic.
20. I don’t believe in ONE religion because no ONE is right.
21. I yearn to live in Virginia Beach, Virginia.
22. My best friend’s name is Tiffany.
23. The love of my life is JT and I love him more than he loves me.
24. I have had a DVD player since 1999.
25. I currently own over 400 DVDs.
26. My music collection is even larger — over 600 CDs.
27. And mp3s… in the thousands.
28. I currently have Charter High Speed Cable.
29. I can not survive on dial-up. I would die.
30. I download things just because I can.
31. I have two Epson printers and one broken Canon.
32. I love sports; basketball and baseball are my favorites.
33. I have a baseball and basketball collection.
34. I have a rookie Shaq card.
35. I wonder how much it is worth.
36. Malcolm X is one of my heroes.
37. My mind wonders a lot.
38. I often think about several things at once.
39. And when I do, I have a dazed look on my face.
40. JT is worried by my daze-outs.
41. It doesn’t worry me though.
42. I went to Washington D.C. for a National Young Leaders’ Conference in February 1995.
43. That was a special week for me.
44. I have some unresolved feelings towards my father.
45. I am numb about marriage again.
46. I have one cat.
47. His name is Tigger.
48. I once had a 20 gallon aquarium with tropical fish.
49. I moved in my first apartment when I was twenty.
50. I often am easily annoyed with stupidity, ignorance and people who don’t listen.
51. I used to be shy.
52. I am an extrovert.
53. It is harder to come up with 100 things about me than I thought it would be.
54. I am a hardcore professional wrestling fan.
55. The Rock, HHH, Sean Michaels and the Undertaker or amongst my favorites.
56. Math and science were my favorite subjects throughout school.
57. I got up to Calculus III in college.
58. Mrs. Oliver, Mr. Horton and Mr. Stout are my favorite teachers.
59. Mr. Hladnick (rest in peace) inspired me in middle school.
60. I graduated from the same high school as my mother and aunt.
61. Scott Bakula and David Sandborne also went to my high school (Kirkwood High School).
62. I watch Soap Operas; All My Children, One Life to Live, Days of Our Lives and The Young and the Restless.
63. I hate peanut butter and jelly sandwiches, yet I will eat a peanut butter sandwich and I will eat a jelly sandwich, but never together.
64. I did not vote in the 2000 Presidential election.
65. I did vote in the 1996 Presidential election.
66. I saw President Bill Clinton speak in University City in 1996 as a freshman in college.
67. I love to take pictures.
68. My scrapbook is overloaded with sentimental objects and pictures.
69. Honey roasted cashews are tasty.
70. I call my computer room The Falcon.
71. I still do not have a driver license.
72. Do not ask me why.
73. I hate pop-ups and spam on the internet.
74. Red Lobster and The Pasta House are my favorite restaurants.
75. I like to buy books, but I do not care for clothes shopping.
76. Cheesecake brownies… I love you.
77. I miss my grandfather.
78. I was born in 1978.
79. I watch a lot of television.
80. I often analyze people’s intentions and actions.
81. A good nap for me is about 3 hours.
82. I would like to one more child.
83. I never went on a REAL date in high school.
84. My name derives from a Persian name.
85. My favorite animals are tigers.
86. I wish I could have one as a pet.
87. But if I did, he would probably try to eat my cat.
88. In eighth grade I was voted ‘Most likely to win the Nobel Peace Prize.’
89. Turning 10 years old was a BIG deal to me.
90. When I turned 25 and 30, these were the only two birthday parties I have had in my life.
91. I have rhythm, but I can not dance very well.
92. I played violin during high school.
93. I would like to take lessons again one day.
94. I would also like to learn how to play the piano.
95. I have a very erotic mind.
96. I would like to renew my Vibe magazine subscription.
97. Bill collectors annoy the hell out of me.
98. I often wonder what if…
99. I drink a lot of water but not enough milk.
100. I think education is the key to everything.
Happy Birthday to my brother, Roth.
…I feel like crap. Almost all day long, my throat has been sore and now I have a stuffy nose. I had to work today, but my mom brought me some medicine. I love her so much, even though that medicine tasted like garbage. Anyway I hope I feel better in time for New Year’s Eve. I’m planning on spending the holiday with my man and going over my best friend’s house. I must take another swig of this garbabe at 11pm CST.
Absolutely nothing good on tv, except for Eraser on CBS.
I must FINISH Lord of the Rings!