100 Things About Me
The date on this original post is when I first wrote it but as I read it today on Saturday, September 6, 2008 I realize that a lot has changed about me. I thought about keeping the 100 Things from the past so I can see how things have changed. I made it into a separate post here. This page will remain as the current 100 Things About Me. I will not change a complete item, but rather make the item itself current as it pertains to me. For example, six years ago I did not have children and I said I wanted 2 or 3 children. Now I have twins. Enjoy.
1. My real name is Rashaan Michelle
2. My favorite dessert is Sara Lee French Cheesecake with strawberries.
3. The Color Purple is my all-time favorite movie.
4. Braveheart and Ghost make me cry every time I see them.
5. I hate the color red.
6. I love to play with Legos and now I even play them with my kids.
7. I applied to Washington University intending to be a chemical engineer.
8. I have three brothers, one older, two younger.
9. I designed my first website in 1996 on Angelfire.
10. My first website was not that attractive.
11. I graduated from college in May 2000 with a degree in Arabic (Bachelor in Arts).
12. I want to be Secretary of State.
13. But before that, I want to be an ambassador.
14. And before that, I want to be a diplomat for the United Nations.
15. I have high expectations for myself.
16. I procrastinate.
17. Failure scares me.
18. Family is very important to me.
19. My religious belief system is Judeo-Christian-Islamic.
20. I don’t believe in ONE religion because no ONE is right.
21. I yearn to live in Virginia Beach, Virginia.
22. My best friend’s name is Tiffany.
23. The love of my life is JT and I love him more than he loves me.
24. I have had a DVD player since 1999.
25. I currently own over 400 DVDs.
26. My music collection is even larger — over 600 CDs.
27. And mp3s… in the thousands.
28. I currently have Charter High Speed Cable.
29. I can not survive on dial-up. I would die.
30. I download things just because I can.
31. I have two Epson printers and one broken Canon.
32. I love sports; basketball and baseball are my favorites.
33. I have a baseball and basketball collection.
34. I have a rookie Shaq card.
35. I wonder how much it is worth.
36. Malcolm X is one of my heroes.
37. My mind wonders a lot.
38. I often think about several things at once.
39. And when I do, I have a dazed look on my face.
40. JT is worried by my daze-outs.
41. It doesn’t worry me though.
42. I went to Washington D.C. for a National Young Leaders’ Conference in February 1995.
43. That was a special week for me.
44. I have some unresolved feelings towards my father.
45. I am numb about marriage again.
46. I have one cat.
47. His name is Tigger.
48. I once had a 20 gallon aquarium with tropical fish.
49. I moved in my first apartment when I was twenty.
50. I often am easily annoyed with stupidity, ignorance and people who don’t listen.
51. I used to be shy.
52. I am an extrovert.
53. It is harder to come up with 100 things about me than I thought it would be.
54. I am a hardcore professional wrestling fan.
55. The Rock, HHH, Sean Michaels and the Undertaker or amongst my favorites.
56. Math and science were my favorite subjects throughout school.
57. I got up to Calculus III in college.
58. Mrs. Oliver, Mr. Horton and Mr. Stout are my favorite teachers.
59. Mr. Hladnick (rest in peace) inspired me in middle school.
60. I graduated from the same high school as my mother and aunt.
61. Scott Bakula and David Sandborne also went to my high school (Kirkwood High School).
62. I watch Soap Operas; All My Children, One Life to Live, Days of Our Lives and The Young and the Restless.
63. I hate peanut butter and jelly sandwiches, yet I will eat a peanut butter sandwich and I will eat a jelly sandwich, but never together.
64. I did not vote in the 2000 Presidential election.
65. I did vote in the 1996 Presidential election.
66. I saw President Bill Clinton speak in University City in 1996 as a freshman in college.
67. I love to take pictures.
68. My scrapbook is overloaded with sentimental objects and pictures.
69. Honey roasted cashews are tasty.
70. I call my computer room The Falcon.
71. I still do not have a driver license.
72. Do not ask me why.
73. I hate pop-ups and spam on the internet.
74. Red Lobster and The Pasta House are my favorite restaurants.
75. I like to buy books, but I do not care for clothes shopping.
76. Cheesecake brownies… I love you.
77. I miss my grandfather.
78. I was born in 1978.
79. I watch a lot of television.
80. I often analyze people’s intentions and actions.
81. A good nap for me is about 3 hours.
82. I would like to one more child.
83. I never went on a REAL date in high school.
84. My name derives from a Persian name.
85. My favorite animals are tigers.
86. I wish I could have one as a pet.
87. But if I did, he would probably try to eat my cat.
88. In eighth grade I was voted ‘Most likely to win the Nobel Peace Prize.’
89. Turning 10 years old was a BIG deal to me.
90. When I turned 25 and 30, these were the only two birthday parties I have had in my life.
91. I have rhythm, but I can not dance very well.
92. I played violin during high school.
93. I would like to take lessons again one day.
94. I would also like to learn how to play the piano.
95. I have a very erotic mind.
96. I would like to renew my Vibe magazine subscription.
97. Bill collectors annoy the hell out of me.
98. I often wonder what if…
99. I drink a lot of water but not enough milk.
100. I think education is the key to everything.